6.28.2016

One more one light portrait before we extinguish the studio lights and go into the house...

©Kirk Tuck. All Rights Reserved.

Renee Zellweger and I were just playing around in the studio and I decided to do a portrait with one big light only. I used a 4 foot by six foot softbox driven by a Norman 2000 flash system. Back then I put extra layers of diffusion on the front of the soft boxes because I liked to soup my film a bit contrasty and I needed to tone down the light. 

This image was done with a Pentax 645 and Agfapan APX 100. Lost to the ravages of time is my memory of exactly what printing paper I printed this one but it's a good bet that it was Ilford Multigrade fiber, toned in selenium. 

Night all. I have to get some sleep so I can spend the day tomorrow the same way I did back in 1993. Making portraits. 

5 comments:

Gato said...

Loving the one-light portraits.

Frank Grygier said...

There is a subject waiting. Don't delay a single day to create another timeless portrait.

Art in LA said...

I heard Rembrandt was big into the one light portrait too ... ;-)

tOM said...

Alford Multigrade.... Il's brother?

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

F*-ing Auto Correct....